Thursday 15 April 2010

Jacket toiling


Poor Rachel was my victim when it came to trying on my garments today lol, however she very kindly obliged and agreed to help me out :). Above are some pictures of the toile of my jacket, I think the overall length and shape is ok, however I feel it looks a bit simple but I don't know if over complicating the design of the jacket will detract or over do it with the dress. I am also unsure on the way I have executed the rouched front, however I must remember that the chiffon I will be using will be much softer that the net I have used and will contrast more with the grey poly wool the jacket will be constructed with. Other points to look at include the neck edge of the so called lapel, I believe this is to square and needs to be rounded off or re - designed.


Next I tried on the jacket with the dress, I believe I have achieved the overall look I wanted at the top part of the out fit with masses of gathered fabric, however the jacket does not sit properly with all the gathered fabric on the dress. It is pushing the jacket outwards so it is not sitting or fitting as I had hoped. Possibly ways to rectify this would be to cut back the centre front of the jacket to sit in line with the gathered fabric. Or secondly I may re - design the jacket as am not overly pleased with it and think it could be a lot better and compliment the dress better. Any way its a starting point I guess so all good :) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment