Thursday 29 April 2010

Garment Construction .... continued !!



Above I have added the stand to the dress to act as a base for the neck piece to be sewn to. I then created a chiffon gathered piece of fabric to act as the neck piece however this has been rather un successful due to the fact that the chiffon is a lot softer than the chiffon is a lot softer than the net. So I will have to experiment with ways to try and stiffen the chiffon to get it to stick up as the way the net did in my first toile around the neck.
This neck piece however was not a total waste of time as I then experimented with how it would long when displayed in different ways such as on the front of the dress. I like the way the ruffles fall and sit on top of one another. I may experiment with this further to create the ruffles for my front section and for the jacket.


No comments:

Post a Comment