Thursday 29 April 2010

First Toile Changes


Photo 1 - Photo of my jacket and dress first toile.
Photo 2 - This shows the cut out hip panels of my dress. I have drawn them on just to give an indication of where to place them. After looking at them I feel I need to bring them higher up. I was also struggling with how to achieve the cut out look with chiffon panels behind, after my first attempt wasn't very successful. I will be using the technique of using facings for each cut out to produce a neat cut out shape.
Photo 3 - This is the back of my jacket toile on the back and front wing seams have been used. However after seeing it on the stand I am going to change the seams at the front to be hidden under the lapel, and allowing it to follow over the shoulder seam to the back into an almost V shape to mirror the back of the dress.


Photo 4 - This shows the front of my jacket on top of the dress. After seeing this I think the jacket sits to far forward towards the centre front of the dress and all the ruffles on the dress are distorting the shape of the jacket.
Photo 5 - The tutu like creation at the bottom of the dress I have attached to the hem of the dress. However this is pulling it down and distorting the shape of the dress. So in my next toile I will create a lining that will be attached to the facings in side the dress all ready so the hem will be able to sit nicely over the tutu.


No comments:

Post a Comment