Friday 14 May 2010

The finish and Reflection

So finally the module has come to an end and is over and done with. I have really enjoyed this module some of the positive aspects that I enjoyed included the designer presentations we attended at the beginning of each lesson. I liked that it allowed us to learn about and give us an insight into many different designers some I had heard of and others that were totally new to me.
Other aspects I enjoyed included the design development exercises. I believe that by using many different media's when it came to these I have started to find my own designer hand writing and which media's work well and which don't.
I am pleased with the final outcome of my garment. I believe I have pushed my self further than usual by making something that is out of my comfort zone that I wouldn't usually design or make. I have also tried to construct it in the best way possible to make it as close to a couture garment as possible and am overall pleased with the results.
One main lesson I have learnt from this module is when toiling use fabrics that are as similar to the ones you are going to construct a garment so you don't run into problems when constructing your final garment. I have also learnt many other new construction skills during this module, especially by making mistakes and having to solve them, however with each mistake comes a new lesson. So all the lessons and knowledge I have acquired will help me when it comes to previous modules and projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment